Refusing to File an Accident Report

If you’re wondering what to do when your employer is refusing to file an accident report after your injury, watch this video to learn what can be done.


What if my employer refuses to file an accident report?


The other day someone called me, saying they were concerned that their employer was not even filing their claim. Their fear was a real one, and I had to ask them some questions. I asked them if the employer actually had them write out a statement. I asked them if the employer wrote a statement based on what they were telling the employer or when the employer was asking a series of questions, and then I asked them if somebody called them up over the telephone and asked them for a recorded statement. Once I got this information, I explained something that’s fundamental in North Carolina law. When you’re injured on the job in North Carolina, you have a responsibility to file your claim.

If you’ve been injured on the job in North Carolina, even though you’ve notified your employer, you need to file a written notice of injury, preferably a notice of injury on forms that the court, for people injured on the job, provides for employees to provide notice of injury in a legal way. Our office can assist you in filing these forms, and we can tell you that you have to file these forms within 30 days to make certain you perfect your claim.

If you’ve Refusing to File an Accident Reportbeen injured on the job, don’t rely on or believe your employer is taking care of everything. Your employer doesn’t have to file anything. Often, they will act like they’ve filed your claim when, in reality, they haven’t filed anything. Your notice of injury has to be filed in the North Carolina Industrial Commission, and that’s in Raleigh. In fact, a lot of employers will file their notice of a reported injury and leave the employee to believe that that is perfecting their claim – it’s not. If you’ve been injured on the job, call our office and let us tell you how to file all these written notices to protect your rights, your future, and your family’s future. Call us.

Were you or a loved one seriously injured at work in North Carolina and have questions about an employer refusing to file an accident report? Contact experienced Richmond County, NC worker’ compensation lawyer H. Bright Lindler today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

We will fight for you and your family.

Like Us on Facebook