Injured on a Residential Property in North Carolina

Watch this video to learn what to do if you’re injured on a residential property in North Carolina. Contact our office to schedule a free consultation.


What should I do if I was injured on a residential property?


Recently, I had someone from North Carolina call me. They had been seriously injured at their friend’s home. Unfortunately, their friend hadn’t made repairs that they should have made. They didn’t have any warning about the hazard. This person ended up stepping into something, twisting their foot, and getting seriously injured. They called me and they wanted to know what they needed to do.

I told them the first thing they needed to do was to seek medical attention right away. If they have already gone to the emergency room, then they need to follow up with the doctor that the emergency room told them to go and see. Then they needed to do what the doctor that they went to see told them to do, so that they would be “compliant with doctor’s orders.”

The Injured on a Residential Property in North Carolinasecond thing they needed to do was to seek legal advice right away, as well. The reason they need to do that is because evidence can disappear. If evidence disappears, it makes it more difficult in the case. Seek legal advice right away. An attorney will know how to send out letters to make sure that things don’t get cleaned up before pictures can be made and other things like that.

Third, you need to go to an attorney that specializes in personal injury cases and is willing to take a case to trial. If you go to that type of attorney from the beginning, you are preparing for the worst and you’re hoping for the best. An attorney that is willing to take the cases to trial is well-known by the insurance companies. It changes how they behave when they see an attorney they know is willing to go to trial versus an attorney they know that might not be specializing in trials and might not go to court that often.

There’s three things you need to do. One, you need to seek medical attention. Number Two, you need to seek legal advice right away. Three, you need to find an attorney that is willing to take your case to trial and is used to preparing cases to go to trial. By doing that, you’ve prepared for the worst and you are able to hope for the best. You can hope that you can resolve your case without having to go to trial, but you’re prepared to, if you need to.

We prepare our cases in our office to go to trial. Feel free to call our office for further help. We are here. Give us a call.

Were you or a loved one seriously injured on another person’s property in Richmond County, NC and have questions about being injured on a residential property in North Carolina? Contact experienced Richmond County, NC premises liability lawyer H. Bright Lindler today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

Let my experience work for you.

Like Us on Facebook